Responsible Repay is a service that takes an innovative, intelligent, and cost-effective approach to putting students on the path to financial wellness. This service allows NDS to perform student loan repayment communication campaigns to students on a school’s behalf—activities that are often cost and time prohibitive for a school to complete on its own. Responsible Repay also provides schools with flexible pricing options; schools choose and pay for the services and programs that best fit their unique needs.
Best of all, NDS is a single-source provider, able to work with any loan portfolio, regardless of servicer. Responsible Repay uses a consultative approach focused on curing loans through repayment plans while helping students learn financial responsibility along the way.
Specific features include:
- Customized plans – You pay per borrower per month for your selected package.
- Consultative approach – NDS identifies a student’s circumstances, educates the student about his or her loans and repayment options, and provides information on how to contact the assigned servicer.
- Collection-based calling strategies – Activities include prime time calling attempts to increase the chances of reaching the student.
- Enhanced associate training – All NDS associates are trained in a formal eight-step collection process proven effective in resolving accounts.
- Single-source provider – NDS is able to provide services for all of your student loans, regardless of servicer.
NDS Responsible Repay offers two program tracks: Financial Wellness and Default Prevention. Each track is specifically designed to increase communication with students in different stages of the loan cycle. The Financial Wellness track focuses on educating students who have in-school through repayment statuses, while the Default Prevention track target borrowers who are at least 15 days delinquent and attempt to contact them until the borrower reaches 360 days past due.
Students are contacted through various communication channels that surpass the traditional approach of phone calls during business hours.
- Telephone calls by an NDS agent
- Text messages (with borrower approval)
- Automated telephone messages with an option to connect with an agent
- Automated telephone message blasts
- Mailed letters